Thursday, March 26, 2009

Becky Stark Interview and Songs

As promised, here are the audio files of some of the talking, songs and performance from my time with Becky Stark on KXLU. Just click the links to stream the audio. I sincerely hope you enjoy listening to this as much as I did being part of it.

Part 1: The Living Sisters

The Living Sisters are Becky Stark, Inara George (The Bird and The Bee & Solo) and Eleni Mendell (Solo) singing the most lush three part harmonies Los Angeles has heard in decades. It's a project of love for the three who each have successful careers, either solo or with other bands, and may be my favorite thing that any of them do. They finally decided to make a record together. It is currently unreleased, but that should change soon. Enjoy the recordings above.

The Living Sisters w/ Becky Stark Interview

Part 2: The Decemberists

Here is Becky discussing her work on the new Decemberists Rock Opera, Hazards of Love.

How this collaboration came to be is described in my posting below, "The Becky Stark Episode".

Decemberists

Part 3: Becky Stark Performs Oh My Beautiful World

This was recorded live at KXLU 3.25.09

Oh My Beautiful World (Accoustic)

Part 4: Becky Stark Performs Ocean and Ground

This was recorded live at KXLU 3.25.09

Ocean And Ground (Accoustic)

No comments: